Option to queue Sync?

Core FTP client questions and answers
LesD

Option to queue Sync?

Post by LesD »

I would like to schedule a regular Sync operation, but it seems that there is no queue facility - it is executed immediately.

Have I missed something?

I would have thought that whatever can be done immediately should be possible as a schedule.

Also, is there a facility to specify files/directories to omit from a specific compression run?

(I am looking for backup functionality and my questions may be a bit unfair for a product that is really an FTP client. However, as there is already such rich functionality present, I though I would push my luck)

Thanks.
LesD

Post by LesD »

[quote="CP"]If you'd like to sync your files regularly, you can queue up a directory or schedule using wildcards. Then use the option 'overwrite if newer'. This should update files that have changed (but won't delete files that aren't being used or have been deleted locally).[/quote]

Sorry, but I cannot find any "Options" option. Once I queue a directory for upload there are no further options.
LesD

Post by LesD »

I see it now - thanks.

CoreFTP is very rich in features - it all seems to be there if you know where to look. What threw me originally was what looks like an inconsistency in your interface.

When selecting something to copy you have the various permutations of Upload (immediate) and Queue while on Sync there is no Queue option. It now seems that every queued copy in fact can be changed to a sync but only if it is scheduled.

That actually fits my needs but I think you have a hole there in that you still cannot have a queued sync without a schedule – someone may want that.

As a newcomer to CoreFTP it may be a bit presumptuous to comment, but I cannot help feeling that the interface could do with a review some time.

In any event it does the job and that is what really matters.

Thanks again.

PS: Where can I find a description of the meaning of the “Recourse directory” option? (Pressing F1 from Task Scheduler > Properties gives an error “Cannot find …coretask.hlp Help file …”)
LesD

Recursion

Post by LesD »

I think I understand recursion but not the relevance here as an option for the user.

Do you not have to use recursion anyway when treversing the directory tree.

Or to put it an other way, what difference is there in the processing whether the user does or does not select this option?

As to suggestions, you may come to regret the offer :D