can't find site profile

Core FTP client questions and answers
gneumeyer

can't find site profile

Post by gneumeyer »

Hi folks,

I'm attempting to execute CoreFTP Lite from a script. Everything works find when I execute the script using the Windows Run command. I get the message "can't find site profile" when I execute the script from another exe. Anyone have an idea where the site profiles are stored and/or why I wouldn't be able to see them from a script?

Thanks,
Garth
gneumeyer

Post by gneumeyer »

Thanks CP. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work. I verified there's no typo by running the script from the RUN command, which worked correctly. When I ran it from yet another script, CoreFTP started but couldn't find the site profile.

I then exported my 1 site from the account that created it. I got to a command prompt and used the command line to -importglobal on that site. I verified that I had a global site by using the GUI interface and deleting all sites I could. That left the 1 site I'd imported which could not be deleted. I then executed the script from another script again and got the same "can't find site profile" error.
gneumeyer

Post by gneumeyer »

Hi CP,

I was able resolve the issue by using an FTP URL (took me a while to figure out; it's a pain being an old uneducated mainframer... :))

Thanks for the help.
puasaban

Having the Same Issue

Post by puasaban »

I am having the same issue not being able to see the Site. I am using a different user when trying to run the script (system). I have done the -importglobal sitename and it still isn't working for me.

Do you know if there is a way to pass a port number along in the script? That is the only reason I am having to use the site.
rstroede

Post by rstroede »

As an FYI, I had the same problem. Exported, imported global and still did not work. I was running from a command line with a system account that I was not able to logon to.

I believe that it was either the first few configuration promps (about default ftp tool, and notepad.exe as editor) or the need to approve the certificate that was stopping my job.

So, I did set the "use default configuration file" and it worked.

Not sure if there is a way around setting those prompts for the system user or not.