Scheduler quit working

Core FTP client questions and answers
genestoy

Scheduler quit working

Post by genestoy »

Don't know exactly what happened but for the past couple of weeks my scheduler quit working so I deleted the scheduled task (weekly) and made up a new one exactly the same but it says it "the operation completed sucessfully" after the scheduled time but it has not done the download. Here is the output log which says "Can't establish connection" yet if I click on "Sites" and then my site CoreFTP logs on just fine and I can transfer manually with no problem. I use my compter name home\xxxx as the username and no password (we have been there before and altered the registry to not use a password in XP) So where do I go from here?

Connect socket #192 to , port 21...Can't establish connection --> :21 @ Tue Dec 13 17:58:31 2005
(0-5)ReconnectRetry #1, Connecting to ...Connect socket #148 to , port 21...Can't establish connection --> :21 @ Tue Dec 13 17:59:01 2005
(0-5)ReconnectRetry #2, Connecting to ...Connect socket #148 to , port 21...Can't establish connection --> :21 @ Tue Dec 13 17:59:31 2005
(0-5)Connection FailedTransfer time: 00:01:30

Total uploaded files: 0

Total uploaded data: 0

Total downloaded files: 0

Total downloaded data: 0
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

OK, so what should I do to correct it? I was running PRO build 1437 when this occured and I just now updated it to PRO 1441.
Thanks - Gene

Just tried it with the newer version and the exact same output log. I also deleted the account and did a new one and the same results.
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

This is crazy! I went to View> Options> Data and everything is "greyed" out except for a checkbox that says "Lock Settings", and I uncheck that and a box pops up asking for a password? I don't have a password in my computer and I can't get past the password box? :cry:
Gene

OK, I did not realize that the software had its OWN password, found it in the help topics. Will try that and post the results later
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

This is driving me nuts. :( I have completely re-installed the software, redid everything and the scheduler (which is the only reason I purchased the software) still does not work. I set it up to do the task and I am assuming I still have to enter the computer name and the user since you had me change the data settings, set the start time, close the program and at the desired start time it pops into the task bar for about 2-3 minutes, does nothing (no transfer) then stops and the icon disappears from the task bar. I then start the program, check to see what happened and it always says the "operation completed sucessfully", but of course it has not???? :cry:

I can tell you when the software stopped functioning as I had it running for several months doing just fine, then one time on the scheduled day of the backup (Monday) my computer was off at the scheduled time, since then it has never worked correctly. I would think that if the computer was not on it would just resume itself the next week, but it did not. :cry:
Gene
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Windows XP Home edition
I am using the computer name HOME\xxxx and no password which is what I always used
Last edited by genestoy on Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

I just ran it again and here is the log this time with the HOME\xxx one time and with no username or password (both boxes blanlk and got the exact same log--

Welcome to Core FTP, release ver 1.3c, build 1441 (U) -- © 2003-2005WinSock 2.0Mem -- 523,760 KB, Virt -- 2,097,024 KBStarted on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 09:35:AMTotal uploaded files: 0

genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Well, I am at a loss? Where do I go from here, nothing on my computer has ever changed that I am aware of.
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Something weird going on--I just re-scheduled a start time (as I have done many times) for a few minutes in advance and the program started this time only it popped up the screen asking me if I wanted to "overwrite" the files and I already have that option checked, so why is it asking again? Then it proceeded to download the backup file.

Just re-scheduled it again and agin it started correctly, logged in ok, but again pops up the box asking to overwrite files and then when click "overwrite all" it proceeds as normal? :(
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

But it is now working correctly OTHER than the popup box asking to overwrite the files? If that can be fixed then all is well again hopefully. Why is it asking to overwrite files when I have that box ticked in the options? :(
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

And here is the log, so something still is not right, because it downloaded the files--

Welcome to Core FTP, release ver 1.3c, build 1441 (U) -- © 2003-2005WinSock 2.0Mem -- 523,760 KB, Virt -- 2,097,024 KBStarted on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 10:23:AMTotal uploaded files: 0

genestoy

Post by genestoy »

I just removed the program completely, removed the registry entries (which the windows uninstall did not remove), rebooted the computer, re-installed the program and I am now back to square one, still does not work.
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Mine did the beep thing a couple of times too. Another thing I just noticed after re-installing--I put in a scheduled task--add task--close the window, disconnect and close the program and come back and the scheduled task no longer is in the scheduler anywhere although it is is the Windows task area. :(
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Installing the ansi version made no difference. I don't quite understand where to put the line for the command--in the DOS box?
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

OK--it was on the DOS command line and it executed perfectly and downloaded and overwrote the file fine, output log looks all correct :) now what?

Here is the last log--

Welcome to Core FTP, release ver 1.3c, build 1437 (A) -- © 2003-2005WinSock 2.0Mem -- 523,760 KB, Virt -- 2,097,024 KBStarted on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 11:58:AM
Total uploaded files: 0

genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Now I am back to the same problem where the scheduled tasks won't stay in the scheduler once CoreFTP is closed. Reopen CoreFTP and they are gone from the scheduler, but remain in the Windows task area. :( Also there must be some bugs somewhere because when you put a file in the queue than right click on the queue pane and click on schedule nothing is put into the scheduler window at all. :(
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

There has to be an easier way to make your program work. I hope you can help me get it fixed. For now I have dowloaded and installed a free little FTP Scheduler program from ProSoft, installed in a few minutes, and worked flawlessly the first time. :lol:
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Found some of the issues I am having, but it still won't work--

1--If you use the X at the top right to close CoreFTP it won't save the scheduler settings, have to use the Exit

2--If you use the Freq/Details to change the time it does not update or display correctly in the box when you click ok or apply