Uploading permissions

Core FTP client questions and answers
wardranger07

Uploading permissions

Post by wardranger07 »

Hi I have been uploading to my site using the client and it has been working fine for 6 months now, but all of a sudden every file I upload gets by default -rw-r----- permissions, so in order to make my site unforbidden i have to manually go into each file and change the permissions. I looked for an option to change this but I cant find any. I checked with the system admin and he said its not a server side issue. Is ther any way to change this, or failing that, clear the settings so it will just return to normal?
jeffd

Post by jeffd »

Security of files is determined by server settings and not anything the client does. A lot of times they install an update on the server or changed security and don't tell anyone.

You can change permissions on files by right clicking on them, click on properites then either put in 644 manually or check all the read boxes.
wardranger07

Post by wardranger07 »

I think it is a client problem because I just transferred with another client and it uploaded with different default permissions. I would just use the other one but it has a retarted feature that dosent let you delete folders with files in them. Anyone know how i can reset the settings? Or which file i need to wipe to get things bakc to normal?