Can't get "-import" to work

Core FTP client questions and answers
jimfw650

Can't get "-import" to work

Post by jimfw650 »

(*Apologies for cross-posting. Wasn't sure which was the appropriate forum)

I'm trying to create a custom install that pre-populates the Site Manager with our internal FTP servers connection settings. Here's the steps I took..

1. Installed Core (lite version) normally.
2. Created the site with all the default settings (we'll call the site XYZ)
3. Exported XYZ to a file
4. Uninstalled CoreFTP
5. Ran coreftplite64.exe -import XYZ from an administrator mode command prompt (product installed showing default "new_site", but no XYZ site)
6. Ran coreftplite.exe -import XYZ from an administrator mode command prompt (same result)

In all cases the application was run in Administrator mode, as well as the DOS window.

I'm doing this on Win 10 x64.

Is it not possible with the free version or something? What am I doing wrong. All help is appreciated!
cp

Post by cp »

Those might be the installs you are trying to execute. Install the program first, then navigate to the installation directory and call coreftp.exe -import
jimfw650

Post by jimfw650 »

Thanks for the reply CP.

Ok, so then maybe i misunderstood.. In the help contents, under "Install Options" it says "Use: -Import <filename>-- To import a file of sites (previously exported from within the site manager)"

To my thinking that means you can save the sites you've already configured to a file. You'd then be able to install the program on a new computer, for example, by running the install again, but with "-Import XYZ" after the setup file. It would look something like this at the command prompt:

coreftplite.exe -Import XYZ

Presumably all the sites saved in the XYZ file would be imported *during* setup, and then the client would be ready to go with all your sites right after the installation finished.

Is that not the case?

Thanks again.