Logging and post upload command do not work at service mode

Core FTP Server questions and answers
javabear

Logging and post upload command do not work at service mode

Post by javabear »

1)When I runed it at window mode (start button) all work perfectly.
2)When starting at [b]service mode[/b] (start service) no logging and no post upload command execution, all other functions working.

3)I have tried at another server [b]same build[/b] - it works also at service mode as well as windows.

A question:
WTF ? Who knows something why it refuse to log and run ? I have checked all permitions - they are same at both servers.
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

You may need to change the user in the service. The system account is usually the default user and it may not have permissions to write to the same directories.

You can change it in two places:

1) Core FTP Server -> System Menu (upper left icon) -> Global -> Service (you might need to delete the service first).

2) Control Panel -> Admin -> Services -> Core FTP Server -> Logon properties.

Change the account information to the user you setup with.
javabear

Post by javabear »

[quote="ForumAdmin"]You may need to change the user in the service. The system account is usually the default user and it may not have permissions to write to the same directories.

You can change it in two places:

1) Core FTP Server -> System Menu (upper left icon) -> Global -> Service (you might need to delete the service first).

2) Control Panel -> Admin -> Services -> Core FTP Server -> Logon properties.

Change the account information to the user you setup with.[/quote]

What user should I set up?
In both my cases it is local system account.
I do not want to give administrative privilagies to server, because it can cause security problems.

I have checked security options at logging folder and script file they are same and contain TERMINAL SERVER USER group permitions to read/write.
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

If changing the user is not desirable, create a log directory off the root and point the logs to that directory.
javabear

Post by javabear »

[quote="ForumAdmin"]If changing the user is not desirable, create a log directory off the root and point the logs to that directory.[/quote]

Yes this helps, thank you. I have set up at diferent folder (not c:\inetpub or wwwroot that was before) and it worked now.