ftp server in service mode does not work

Report bugs or issues with Core FTP Server here
javabear

ftp server in service mode does not work

Post by javabear »

I have setpu domain to implement ftp protocol
Started it sthough start, tried to connect, all ok.
Then Started it throug start service - client failed connect

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Error: Could not connect to server

what happened ?
javabear

Post by javabear »

No log messages also, at desctop mode log was written.
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

It might be a firewall issue when the service runs. It might also be that the service is pointing to a different configuration (due to Windows virtualization). Make sure you don't have more than one CoreFTPServer\config.dat file on your HD.

Do you have a log using Core FTP client? There really isn't a lot of detail to go on.
javabear

Post by javabear »

[quote="ForumAdmin"]It might be a firewall issue when the service runs. It might also be that the service is pointing to a different configuration (due to Windows virtualization). Make sure you don't have more than one CoreFTPServer\config.dat file on your HD.

Do you have a log using Core FTP client? There really isn't a lot of detail to go on.[/quote]

NO log was not written, even log file was not created at service mode, but at windows mode (start button) log was written.

Only one CoreFTPServer\config.dat was found in binary directory of coreftp.

firewall I have switched off too.
javabear

Post by javabear »

[quote="ForumAdmin"]It might be a firewall issue when the service runs. It might also be that the service is pointing to a different configuration (due to Windows virtualization). Make sure you don't have more than one CoreFTPServer\config.dat file on your HD.

Do you have a log using Core FTP client? There really isn't a lot of detail to go on.[/quote]

you are right about config.dat
I have found several config files in different locations that doesnt have ftp configuration
1) at home directory of sft user
2) at base directory
what should I do woth this virtualization?
ForumAdmin
Site Admin

Post by ForumAdmin »

There's going to be an option in build 422 to help assist with this issue.

Core FTP Server -> System menu (upper left icon) -> Global Settings -> Config file.

This will allow the user to select the configuration file to be used.

If a configuration hasn't been setup, the user can create a directory (ie: c:\config\), create an empty file, and then point to it