550 PASV failed - Failed to retrieve directory listing

Report bugs or issues with Core FTP Server here
jcorrea

550 PASV failed - Failed to retrieve directory listing

Post by jcorrea »

Hello,

Our company purchased a couple licenses of CoreFTP Server for a system we're moving to AWS tonight and we had a last minute requirement for PASV mode support. I'm having a very hard time finding much documentation about how to properly configure CoreFTP Server to support passive mode and we're consistently getting this error:

550 PASV failed...
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

It works in active mode just fine, firewall rules are in place that allow traffic and I saw in another post that creating a firewall exception for CoreFTPServer\coresrvr.exe may help. That is also done, but still no luck. This is running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Can you please point me to some documentation or clue me into what I'm missing? This is pretty high priority as it is impacting a production system so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
cp

Post by cp »

set the "pasv port range" in the domain setup to a range of 1000 ports (ie: 60000-61000).

If the server is behind a router you will need to port forward that range of ports to the address Core FTP Server is running on. Your router's tech support will have instructions on port forwarding.

PASV failed can also indicate a firewall error, where outbound rules have not been set to allow outbound connections from CoreFTPServer\coresrvr.exe