Timestamp question

Core FTP client questions and answers
jgonick

Timestamp question

Post by jgonick »

I've read a post about this, but I'm still a little confused. When I upload a file the modified date is changed to when it was uploaded. Is there a way to keep the same modified date on a file as it is on my local computer? I think it has to do with MDTM setting. Can someone explain this to me? (I'm sort of new to this) I've tried changing the setting in global settings and in the advance tab of the site settings. How do I need to have things checked? I realize it might be a server issue also. So in that case it really doesn't matter how I have MDTM off or on...Is that correct?

thanks
jgonick

Post by jgonick »

I guess if it says
MDTM 20050414083419 content.php
550 20050414083419: No such file or directory

in the log the server doesn't support it. Correct?

So I should not use it?

Also I was going to (still planning to) purchase the PRO version. Will this affect File Synchronization?
jgonick

Post by jgonick »

Okay might need to start a new tread. But here is my problem; (By the way I purchased Pro) When trying to sync my times don't match.--knew that would happen...but the sizes don't match either..(going from windows to unix..the return key ascii size difference) Is there a way to create a filter to only upload (show) certain files modified after a certain date?
jgonick

Post by jgonick »

No matter how I set MDTM it make the file's modified date the same time as it was uploaded.

Here is what I'm doing; I modify several files (in different directories) on a local server. PHP script mostly. Then I eventually upload them to a few websites. After a week or so working on the local site it is hard for me to remember what files have been modified. It would be nice just to only upload the changed files to the remote servers. However, once uploaded the files modified time stamps don't match the ones on my local computer anymore, so it gets a little confusing comparing them. A filter to sort by modified date would be greatly appreciated. That way I would only have to remember the date I started to make changes on. Put in the filter "< than that date". Then the messed up dates on the remote severs wouldn't matter.

Thanks for the help..